Honey soy baked salmon, noodles and broccoli
Photo by Tam West
The marinade is a highly simplified teriyaki marinade and the combination of salmon, steamed vegetables and noodles (or rice) is one of the go-to easy dinners in our household.
- Heat the oven to 200C. Line a small ovenproof tray with baking paper.
- Put the soy sauce, mirin and honey into a wide bowl just big enough to hold the salmon. Mix until the honey dissolves. Place the salmon in the mixture and reserve for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Boil the noodles until al dente in plenty of unsalted water. Drain well. Boil or steam the broccoli until cooked but still crisp. Drain well.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and serve broken into pieces on the noodles and broccoli with a little of the ginger and extra soy sauce on the side.
More simple summer dinners from Ray McVinnie