Fish and chips
- Preheat oven to 200C. Put an oven tray for the chips into the oven to heat.
- Wash the taro and peel thoroughly. Halve and cut into chips.
- Peel the kumara (though not necessary), halve and cut into chips. Put both together in a bowl, season then toss in 2 Tbsp oil.
- Remove the hot tray from the oven and spread the chips out in a single layer.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes, gently turning after 15, or until golden and crispy.
- To make the sauce; empty the can of cherry tomatoes into a small saucepan, add the sugar and vinegar, season to taste and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cut the fish into desired size. Put the rice flour into a plastic bag, add the fish and toss until lightly covered.
- Heat a pan, add 1 Tbsp of oil then the fish. Season with the furikake. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then turn and repeat.
- Keep the fish warm while you finish cooking. Serve with the chips, sauce and lemon on the side.