Fish salad with crisp potatoes, rocket and pine nuts
Photo by Tam West
For extra flavour, toss potatoes in 2 tablespoons roasted garlic mayonnaise before plating.
For the dressing
|1||Lemon, juice only|
|1 tsp||Seed mustard|
|1 tsp||Soft thyme leaves, finely chopped|
|4 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 serving||Runny honey, to sweeten|
For the salad
- To make the dressing, place the lemon juice, mustard and thyme in a small bowl, whisk in the oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Sweeten to your taste using honey and set aside.
- Halve the cooked potatoes or thickly slice. Heat the oil and 25g butter in a large frying pan over medium-low heat and add the potatoes. Cook reasonably slowly until they are beautifully golden, tossing in the pan from time to time.
- Combine rocket, watercress or salad greens, pine nuts, spring onions and chives in a bowl. Toss very gently to combine.
- Remove potatoes from the pan and place on a warmed plate. Place the remaining 25g butter in the pan and place over medium heat. Place in the fish and cook, turning once. The thick, large meaty flakes take a little bit longer to cook than medium-fleshed white fish. Cut a piece in half to check it is cooked through if you wish. (Slicing hapuka into portions shortens cooking time.)
- To serve, place potatoes on 4 plates and top with the fish, then the salad. Drizzle over the dressing. Place a lemon wedge on each plate and serve.