Black cherry, gingernut and lime cheesecake
I am not a big baker, but in honour of the season I will be dusting off my pinny to make my delicious black cherry, gingernut and lime cheesecake. It’s deceptively easy, always a crowd-pleaser, and — as I can make it ahead — utterly stress-free too. And it’s gluten-free. This is based on a Nigella Lawson recipe.
- Make crumbs out of the biscuits, I put them in a ziplock bag old-school style and bash them with a rolling pin, but you could blitz them in a food processor.
- Soften the butter until it’s almost melting and mix it in (again I guess you could do this in the food processor? I just do it in a bowl) so the biscuits all clump together.
- Press this buttery biscuit mixture into a 20cm springform tin, pressing a little up the sides to form a slight ridge.
- Beat together the cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla extract and lime juice until smooth.
- Lightly whip the cream and then fold it into the mixture.
- Spoon the cheesecake filling on top of the biscuit base and smooth with a spatula. Put it in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
- Before serving remove from the tin and pour the black cherry jam over the top. Feel smug. It is so easy!