Chicken with raisins, pinenuts and radicchio
Photo by Tam West
If you can’t get a radicchio use witloof leaves or leave it out. This is also a good main course served with steamed rice.
- Heat the oven to 200C.
- Put the drumsticks, thyme, garlic and oil into a mixing bowl and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place everything in a large shallow ovenproof frying pan or casserole dish that can be put over direct heat. Spread everything out so the drumsticks are side by side. Place in the oven for 40 minutes until cooked and browned.
- Meanwhile heat a frying pan over high heat until very hot. Add the radicchio, spread it out and sear the leaves until wilted and browned. Remove from the pan and place on a warm serving platter.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and add to the radicchio.
- Put the chicken pan over high heat and add the raisins in sherry. Bring to the boil and boil until reduced by half. Pour over the chicken and radicchio.
- Sprinkle the pine nuts and a few parsley leaves on top.
More from Ray's Christmas Eve tapas dinner