Christmas mincemeat cheesecake
( SERVES 8 )
This cheesecake can be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Great served topped with fresh berries.
- Line the base and sides of a 20cm loose-based cake pan with baking paper.
- Combine the crushed biscuits and butter and mix well. Press onto the base of the cake pan. Chill for at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soften the gelatine in the orange juice.
- Beat the cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth. Whip the cream until thick. Fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- Dissolve the gelatine over hot water or in the microwave then mix into the fruit mincemeat. Fold into the cream filling.
- Spoon into the lined cake pan and smooth the top. Chill overnight to set.
More easy Christmas desserts from Jan