Beef Medallions with Zesty Grain Salad
Silver Fern Farms suggests
This zesty salad is a great option for a Sunday lunch with friends. Whether you use freekah, brown or wild rice, quinoa or barley – this salad will work equally well with the grain of your choice. If you are feeling extra adventurous mix the grains up for added texture and flavour.
|1 packet||Silver Fern Farms Beef Medallions|
|200 g||frozen green beans|
|1 cup||Frozen peas|
|150 g||sugar snap peas, trimmed|
|1 cup||Farro, washed, drained|
|2||Lemons, •Juice and zest|
|2||Garlic cloves, crushed|
|½ cup||Fresh mint, finely chopped|
|2 tsp||Dijon mustard|
|100 ml||Olive oil|
|150 g||To serve, goats cheese, halloumi or feta cheese, fresh herbs like mint, chives, lemon wedges|
- Remove the Silver Fern Farms Beef Medallions from the fridge and packaging. Season with freshly cracked pepper and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Allow to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes. Salt the meat just prior to cooking.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Blanch beans and peas for 2-3 minutes, then refresh in icy cold water. Repeat with sugar snap peas. Bring the water back to the boil and add the farro, stir and then simmer for 30 minutes. Drain, rinse and allow to cool slightly.
- Mix together lemon juice, zest, garlic, mint, and mustard in a small jug or jar, whisk until well combined. Season to taste. Drizzle in the olive oil to make a thick vinaigrette. Toss half the vinaigrette with the farro, peas and beans. Set aside.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat. Cook the Silver Fern Farms Beef Medallions for 3-4 minutes each side. Rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- To serve, arrange the grain salad and sliced Silver Fern Farms Beef Medallions on a plate, serve with extra lemon vinaigrette. And sprinkle with fresh herbs to serve.