Creamy bean crumble
This could be baked in two pans — one for each end of the table. The Hungarian paprika I used is a little spicy.
- Top and tail the beans and slice. Blanch in boiling salted water until just tender. Drain and refresh under cold water. Pat dry. Place in a 24cm x 16cm baking dish.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Sauté the shallot, until softened. Add the garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk in the cream, parmesan, nutmeg and paprika. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add the lemon rind and spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted. Pour over the beans.
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Sprinkle the beans with the breadcrumbs. Bake for 20-30 minutes until hot and golden.
More Christmas dinner sides from Jan