( SERVES 10 )
Photo by Annabel Langbein Media
Brining the salmon adds flavour and also prevents the protein from forming white beads on the surface of the cooked fish. Serve with beetroot and horseradish confit.
- Prepare brine in a shallow dish large enough to take both sides of salmon. Mix boiling water with salt and sugar until dissolved then add cold water.
- Place salmon in brine, cover and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes. (If you don't have a large enough dish, brine the salmon in a clean plastic bag.) Preheat oven to 250C fan-bake. Lift salmon out of brine, pat dry and place on a shallow tray lined with baking paper.
- Drizzle with lemon-infused oil or extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cover with tinfoil and a tea towel to retain the heat and allow to rest for at least 20 minutes (it will continue to cook while it rests).
- To serve, use a spatula to lift portions of salmon off the skin. Serve with sprigs of fresh watercress.
More Scandinavian food from Annabel