Tomato, basil and mozzarella quiche
( SERVES 4 )
Stand the quartered tomatoes in a sieve to drain a little. Best served shortly after cooking although it may be baked a day ahead then reheated in a 160C oven.
- Cut one sheet of pastry into four even strips and join onto each edge of the other pastry sheet.
- Lightly oil a 23cm loose-based flan pan. Gently line the pastry into the pan. Trim any excess pastry. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line the pastry shell with foil. Bake for 15 minutes, remove the foil and continue to bake for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, milk, mozzarella and seasonings until well combined. Fold in the basil and tomatoes. Pour the filling into the pie shell. Bake for 35 minutes or until the centre is just firm.
More lazy lunches from Jan