( SERVES 4 )
This simply super salmon can be prepared and cooked a day in advance. I love it! Serve with a crisp green salad and small boiled potatoes. Check out the new piccolos bite-size medley.
- Remove the pin bones from the salmon. Carefully pull off the skin. This can be cut into 3-4cm pieces and deep fried until crisp to make a garnish.
- Place the salmon in a shallow casserole dish. Combine the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and root ginger. Mix well then pour over the salmon. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour turning halfway through.
- Preheat a heavy ridged frying pan. Add a little oil. Drain the salmon. Pan-fry gently for about 2-3 minutes each side, depending on thickness. Place on a serving plate.
- Boil the marinade, until thickened. Drizzle a little over the salmon.
- If the salmon is to be served later, then cover and chill.
More lazy lunches from Jan