Flat-Iron Steaks with Italian Herb Rub and Pesto Salad
Silver Fern Farms suggests
Impress your family and friends with this fresh Italian herb rub, perfect for adding extra flavour to your steak. Served up alongside a tangy pesto salad it’s a delicious dish for your next BBQ.
|1 packet||Silver Fern Farms Beef Flat-Iron Steaks|
|½ cup||Parsley leaves|
|1 tsp||Dijon mustard|
|1 Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
- In a food processor blend together the herbs, mustard and garlic. Blend in the olive oil and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Rub each flat-iron steak with the herb mix and leave for 15 minutes before cooking.
- Heat a heavy based frying pan or barbecue. Cook the steaks for 3 minutes each side. Remove and rest for 5 minutes.
- To prepare the salad, quickly toss together the basil leaves with roasted almonds, pine nuts, shavings of pecorino, and olives if using. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice and season to taste with plenty of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Arrange the salad components on serving plates and top with the flat-iron steaks. Serve with thin slices of toasted ciabatta bread.
To serve, toasted ciabatta bread