Beef Medallions on Rice Cakes with Teriyaki Sauce
Silver Fern Farms suggests
Great for sharing these juicy Silver Fern Farms beef medallions are fantastic for a variety of occasions. The edamame pesto provides a hit of fresh flavour. For a quicker option try replacing the rice cakes with some bruschetta.
Teriyaki Sauce / Edamame Pesto
|¼ cup||Soy sauce|
|¼ cup||Brown sugar|
|1 cup||frozen shelled edamame beans, thawed, blanched in boiling water|
|2||Garlic cloves, crushed|
|2 Tbsp||Fresh basil|
|2 Tbsp||Coriander leaves|
|¼ cup||Vegetable stock|
|2 Tbsp||fresh lemon juice|
- Remove the Silver Fern Farms Beef Medallions from the fridge and packaging. Season with freshly cracked pepper and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Allow to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes. Salt the meat just prior to cooking.
- To make the teriyaki sauce, combine all 3 ingredients. Stir well and set aside.
- Heat a fry pan or barbecue to high and cook Silver Fern Farms Beef Medallions for 2½-3 minutes each side (medium-rare). Transfer to a plate, cover and rest.
- In the same frypan, pour teriyaki sauce mixture in, bring to a boil, and simmer until reduced and thickened. Remove from heat.
- For the rice cakes, place cooled rice, egg, and flour in a bowl. Stir through spring onion.
- Divide mixture into 4 portions. Press firmly and roll into balls in the palms of your hands. Lightly flatten.
- Heat remaining oil in a small frypan. Cook rice cakes for about 4-5 minutes each side or until golden and crisp.
- To make the pesto, place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until quite smooth. Add a little more stock if it seems too thick. Set aside until ready to use.
Serving suggestion: place a spoonful of edamame pesto on top of each rice cake. Sit Silver Fern Farms Beef Medallions on top and drizzle with teriyaki sauce.