Mediterranean Beef Eye Fillet Steaks with Broad Bean Fattoush and Whipped Feta
Silver Fern Farms suggests
Fresh tasting and quick to prepare, this broad bean fattoush is perfect for any Summer occasion. Try serving this with some whipped feta, or just crumble some over the fattoush for a quicker option.
|1 packet||Silver Fern Farms Beef Eye Fillet Steaks|
|6 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|4||wholemeal pita breads|
|1||Garlic clove, crushed|
|1||fresh lemon juice|
|3 tsp||Sumac powder|
|1 cup||Broad beans, podded|
|½ cup||Baby spinach|
|1||Red onion, peeled and thinly sliced|
|1 packet||Cherry tomatoes, halved|
- Remove the Silver Fern Fars Beef Eye Fillet Steaks from packaging and allow to rest at room temperature for 5 minutes. Rub with 1 tablespoon olive oil and freshly ground black pepper.
- To make the whipped feta, place the feta and cream cheese into the food processor. Pulse the cheeses until combined. Add the oregano, garlic, oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to the food processor and blend until well combined. Chill for an hour or two before serving.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Separate the two sides of the pita. Toast the pita in the oven until crispy. Break into small pieces.
- To make the dressing, mix the garlic with the lemon juice and remaining oil together.
- In a large bowl, toss the toasted pita, sumac and dressing, along with the broad beans, spinach, red onions and tomatoes. The dressing will soften the pita.
- Preheat a pan over medium-high heat. Season meat with salt. Cook the Silver Fern Farms Beef Eye Fillet Steaks for 3-4 minutes each side (medium-rare). Rest for 3-5 minutes before serving.
- Serve the Silver Fern Farms Beef Eye Fillet Steaks with the broad bean fattoush and whipped feta.