Greek-Inspired Beef Flat-Iron Steak with Tzatziki
Silver Fern Farms suggests
The spice-rub in this recipe will have your taste buds dancing. Try cooking the Flat-Irons on the BBQ for even more flavour. A drizzle of Tzatziki will take it to the next level.
|1 packet||Silver Fern Farms beef flat irons|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|8||Pita pockets, toasted|
|½ tsp||Chilli powder|
|2 Tbsp||Fresh garlic, minced|
|½ tsp||Corn Flower|
|250 ml||Greek yoghurt|
|1||Garlic clove, crushed|
|2 Tbsp||Mint, finely chopped, plus a sring to garnish|
- Remove the Silver Fern Farm Beef Flat Iron Steaks from packaging.
- To make oregano rub, in a small bowl combine ½ teaspoon salt, all spice, chilli powder, garlic and oregano in a bowl with the cornflour. Stir well to combine.
- Rub the meat with olive oil and half of the oregano rub. Allow to rest at room temperature for 15 minutes before cooking.
- To make the tzatziki, roughly chop the cucumber and put it in a sieve set over a bowl. Leave to drain for 30 minutes. Line a second sieve with a piece of paper towel, set it over a bowl.
- Pour the yogurt and leave to drain for 3 minutes. Squeeze out as much moisture as possible from the cucumber, then place it into a clean bowl.
- In a bowl, combine the garlic, mint, cucumber and yogurt. Add lemon juice to sharpen the flavour and season with salt. Cover and refrigerate until required.
- In a large bowl, gently combine salad ingredients to make Greek Salad.
- Preheat a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the Silver Fern Farm Beef Flat Iron Steaks for 2-3 minutes each side (medium-rare). Rest for 3-5 minutes before serving.
- To serve, toast the pita pockets, serve with thinly sliced Silver Fern Farm Beef Flat Iron Steaks, Greek salad and tzatziki. Garnish with fresh oregano leaves.