Beef New York Strip Steaks with Sesame and Chilli Butter
A flavoured butter is a simple way to change up a dish with some new and interesting flavours. Try this sesame and chilli butter, or if your prefer try a herb and mustard butter, or anchovy butter, the options are endless.
- Remove the Silver Fern Farms Beef New York Strip Steaks from the fridge and packaging. Season with freshly cracked pepper and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Allow to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes. Salt the meat just prior to cooking.
- Heat a saucepan half filled with oil. Fry the sweet potato, until golden brown and crispy. Drain on paper towel, season with salt.
- Mix butter in a bowl with the sesame seeds, chilli, herbs and lemon zest. Mix well. Spoon onto a piece of plastic wrap, roll up and place in the fridge, to firm up.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat. Cook the Silver Fern Farms Beef New York Strip Steaks for 2-3 minutes each side. Rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- To serve, arrange the Silver Fern Farms Beef New York Strip Steaks with vegetable crisps, salad greens, sesame & chilli butter and lime wedges.