Cuban-Style Beef Flat-Iron Steak Sandwich
Tender and packed full of flavour, Silver Fern Farms Flat-Iron Steaks are perfect for these Cuban Sandwiches. They are tasty grilled in a sandwich press, or served as an open sandwich.
|1 packet||Silver Fern Farms beef flat irons|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 tsp||Ground coriander|
|2 Tbsp||Onion powder|
|1 tsp||Ground chipotle powder|
|1 Tbsp||Ground cumin|
|1 cup||Best Foods Mayonnaise|
|1 loaf||Ciabatta bread|
|2 cups||Watercress, stems and stalks removed.|
|2 Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|3||Chargrilled red capsicum, peeled, seeds removed.|
|4 tsp||French mustard|
- Remove Silver Fern Farms Beef Flat-Irons from fridge and packaging. Season with freshly cracked pepper and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Allow to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes. Salt the meat just prior to cooking.
- Grind the garlic, coriander, onion powder, chipotle powder, and cumin together in a spice grinder or mortar and pestle. Rub half of the mix over the Silver Fern Farm Beef Flat-Irons.
- Mix the remaining spice mix into the mayonnaise and mix well. Cover and set aside.
- Slice the loaf through the middle, lengthways, then into four pieces. Lightly oil the bread on one side. Heat a frying pan on a medium to high heat and grill the bread on the outsides. Set grilled bread to the side.
- Heat pan to medium and grill the Silver Fern Farms Flat-Irons on each side for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat, cover the meat with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Once rested, slice the Silver Fern Farms Flat-Irons across the grain into thin pieces.
- Assemble sandwiches starting with bottom four slices of bread, grill side down. Spread each slice with spicy mayonnaise, top with charred capsicums, watercress and sliced Silver Fern Farms Flat -Iron steaks.
- Serve with mustard, dill pickle and top with remaining bread.
Alternatively, you could use a sandwich press to toast the sandwiches.