Lemon sugar crepes
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
To get the maximum vitamin boost from citrus - squeeze, zest or slice just before using.
- Warm the butter with the salt and milk until the butter has melted.
- Put the flour into a bowl and make a well. Add the eggs and using a whisk, work in a little flour at a time.
- Add the warm milk and whisk until smooth. Refrigerate for an hour before cooking.
- Heat a heavy frying pan and wipe with buttered paper. Ladle in some mixture and swirl to coat the pan.
- Cook for 1 minute, then turn over and repeat. Transfer to a plate and continue.
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Butter a baking dish. Roll the crepes up and pack into the dish, then squeeze over the juice and sprinkle liberally with sugar. Bake for 10 minutes.