Strawberry ice cream
Photo by Babiche Martens
To really get you in the summery mood, try this delicious icecream. Scoop into cones, serve with poached fruit or wedge between meringues. (This is a great way to use up the egg whites. Add a drop of rose water for a hint of delicate flavour).
- Beat the yolks and sugar until light and creamy.
- Heat the cream, milk and almond essence to just before boiling.
- While beating the egg mixture slowly, gently pour in the cream mixture. Return to a clean pot.
- Over a low heat, stir continuously until you your custard just coats the back of a spoon. Pour into a bowl and leave to cool completely.
- Before placing into your ice cream maker or freezing, fold through the pureed strawberries.
- Remove from the freezer a few minutes before serving.
More summer flavours from Angela