Orange walnut cake
Light and luscious, this cake is delicious served ‘as is’ or with whipped cream or yoghurt.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Spray a 23cm-diameter spring-form cake pan with oil. Line with baking paper.
- Pulse the walnuts in a food processor until finely chopped but not floury. Combine with the flour and baking powder in medium bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs in a large bowl until frothy, about 2 minutes. Gradually add the sugar, beating until thick and pale yellow, about 4 minutes. Gradually add the walnut-flour mixture. Add the orange juice, orange peel and olive oil, beating until just blended. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Place the cake pan on a baking tray. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Place on a serving plate. Dust with the icing sugar.
More nut-based recipes from Jan