Gluten free gingerbread cookies
( MAKES 24 )
Blackstrap molasses is a versatile natural syrup sweetener for savoury and sweet dishes. Treacle could be substituted. I used a new liquid coconut oil from Olivado. These cookies are photographed above on the left.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the egg in a mixing bowl and lightly beat. Add the molasses, coconut oil, coconut sugar, spices and vanilla essence. Mix until well combined. Add the remaining ingredients mixing well.
- Place large teaspoons of the mixture on the tray. With a wet thumb, make a thumb print in the centre.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Press your thumb into the centre of the cookies to deepen the thumbprint, if preferred.
- Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container for 5 days or in the freezer for 3 months.
More biscuits from Jan