Berry nice biscuits
( MAKES 20 )
I’ve used ‘Fresh As’ raspberry powder available from delis and some supermarkets.
|1½ cups||Plain flour|
|¼ cup||Dark cocoa powder|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|4 tsp||Raspberry powder|
|125 g||Butter, softened|
|¾ cup||Soft brown sugar, lightly packed|
|1 large||Egg, lightly beaten|
|2 tsp||Vanilla essence|
|½ cup||Chocolate chips, dark Ghana|
For the topping
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and raspberry powder into a bowl.
- Place the butter in a cake mixer or similar. Beat until fluffy. Add the sugar, egg, milk and vanilla essence. Beat until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until a soft dough is formed. On low speed add the chocolate chips.
- Cover the dough tightly and chill for 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line 1 or 2 trays with baking paper.
- Take 35g portions of the dough and roll into balls. Place on the baking paper about 4cm apart. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and using the flat base of a small glass flatten the cookies until cracks form. Top each cookie with 3 or 4 chocolate chips and dust with raspberry powder.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More biscuits from Jan