Chicken thighs with green olives, tomato and lemon
Photo by Nick Reed
- Preheat oven to 190C. Place the potatoes in a medium-sized roasting dish and drizzle with 2 Tbsp of the olive oil. Season generously with salt and pepper and place the chicken on top.
- Sprinkle the oregano on top of the chicken, and season with a little more salt and pepper. Scatter over the olives and tomatoes, and most of the lemon zest. Squeeze the lemon juice all over the dish, and the remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil. Finally, add the thyme sprigs. Cook for about 25 minutes, then stir the dish. Return to the oven for a further 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the dish, and set aside on a plate covered with tinfoil. Return the potatoes to the oven, increase the heat slightly and roast for an additional 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Return the chicken to the dish for a final 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with additional herbs and lemon zest. Serve straight on the table in the roasting pan, or arrange on a platter, spooning the tomato and olive mixture on top of the chicken.
If you liked this recipe, try Delaney's spiced chicken thighs with fennel and red onion