Paper bag fish cakes
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degC. Cut greaseproof paper into a dinner plate-sized disc.
- In a mixing bowl, toss together the fish, balsamic vinegar, chilli, garlic and shallots.
- Place on one half of the disc of paper, fold over and crimp the edges of the paper to seal in the fish. Use more than one paper disc if necessary.
- Place on a tray and bake in the oven for about six minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl lightly mix together the mashed potato or kumara and feta.
- Flake the cooked fish and juices from the paper bag into the mash and fold through with the herbs.
- Form into cakes, dip in rice flour and fry both sides until golden in olive oil. Season with sea salt and serve with tomato relish.