Cheesy savoury scrolls
( MAKES 10-12 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
For a delicious morning tea or snack, these ham and feta scrolls are always a favourite and are best when still slightly warm from the oven. Who, after all, doesn’t like the smell of a savoury dough baking?
For the scrolls
For the filling
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with paper.
- Place the flour and salt into a large bowl. Add the butter and using your finger rub together until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the milk and cut it through with a knife to combine and so the soft dough starts to form. Tip onto a floured bench then knead together.
- Roll to a 20 x 30cm rectangle. Spread the mustard evenly over the dough, sprinkle on the cheese, chopped herbs, feta, ham, spinach and parsley. Brush the edges with a little egg.
- Carefully roll the dough along the long side into a log. Cut into 2cm scrolls and place them onto your tray. Brush the tops lightly with egg and bake for 15 minutes until golden and puffed.
- Enjoy while warm and cheesy.
More tasty snacks from Angela