Steamed golden syrup puddings
( SERVES 6 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
These puddings can either be steamed if you have a steamer large enough to hold the ramekins or cooked in a baking dish lined with a tea towel with hot water added.
- Grease each ramekin with butter. If using the oven, preheat to 180C.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in the flour and the milk.
- Add 1 Tbsp of golden syrup to the bottom of each ramekin then top with the mixture and cover with greased baking paper or tinfoil.
- Either steam for 20 minutes or until firm, or sit in a tea towel-lined baking dish. Pour in hot water to reach up the sides then cover the entire dish and cook for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before turning out and serving with custard.