Mini key lime cheesecakes
( MAKES 12 mini cheesecakes )
This recipe uses fresh limes. Mini cheesecake pans are available from many kitchenware stores.
For the base
For the filling
- Finely crush the gingernut biscuits in a food processor. Combine with the melted butter.
- Lightly grease 12 small mini cheesecake holes. (Or use small muffin pans lined with plastic film.) Press 1 tablespoon of the gingernut mixture into the base of each hole. Chill until set.
- Meanwhile, soak the gelatine in the water until softened.
- Beat the cream cheese and icing sugar, until smooth. Beat in the lime rind. Heat the lime juice until almost boiling then add the softened gelatine and stir to dissolve. Cool, then stir into the cream cheese mixture. Whip the cream and extra icing sugar until thick and fold in.
- Spoon evenly on top of the crumb bases. Chill until set.
- Remove the cheesecakes from the pan.
- Great served garnished with a swirl of whipped cream and sprinkled with grated lime rind or green sugar.
More American recipes from Jan