Mushroom tarts with poached eggs
( MAKES 6 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
Top anything with a poached egg and it becomes a simple meal. These mushroom tarts are no exception. Light and crisp flaky pastry forms the base for these sweet and savoury treats of onion jam (use a bought option for convenience) and mushrooms.
- Preheat an oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with paper.
- Place the pastry rounds on to the baking tray.
- Spread 1½ tsp onion jam on to each pastry round leaving a 1cm border. Top the jam with a mushroom. Sprinkle with thyme leaves, season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the edges of the pastry and puffed and golden.
- When the tarts are removed from the oven, poach the eggs and cook the broccolini.
- Place an egg on the top of each mushroom, season and serve with a side of broccolini.
More impressive nibbles from Angela