Jerk turkey dumplings
( MAKES 40 )
Photo by Tam West
Serve these dumplings immediately with a dipping sauce of equal parts soy, Sriracha, sesame oil, citrus juice and sesame seeds.
- Fry chopped celery and leaves, onion and capsicum in a good pour of olive oil with paprika and turmeric until everything is soft. Add jerk paste and the grapefruit or lemon juice. Cook to incorporate. Remove from heat and cool.
- Add chives and thyme. Mix through turkey or chicken mince. Chill, then make up dumplings as below.
- Brush dumpling wrappers with the thin egg wash.
- Add 1 Tbsp of filling to the centre of each wrapper, then fold over and crimp into a sealed dumpling, according to your style (experiment with different shapes for each flavour).
- Steam dumplings in a steamer basket or pot, lined with baking paper greased with a little sesame oil, until translucent and firm. Serve immediately with a dipping sauce of equal parts soy, Sriracha, sesame oil, citrus juice and sesame seeds.
More of Warren's dumpling recipes