Seared beef, noodles and brussels sprouts
Photo by Tam West
If you are not keen on brussels sprouts you can change out for another brassica. Any extra curry leaves can be frozen for later use.
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Rub steaks with olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place in the hot pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan to a plate, cover with foil or baking paper and rest for 10 minutes.
- Cook rice noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water for about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- Cut each brussels sprout in half lengthwise, then shred.
- Place 2 Tbsp olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the mustard seeds and cook until they begin to pop. Add the curry leaves and shredded brussels sprouts. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring until the sprouts are lightly golden. Add vegetable stock, reduce the heat, cover and simmer until cooked to your taste.
- Add the cooked rice noodles and chilli and heat through. Place in 4 warmed bowls. Slice the sirloin steaks and divide slices between the bowls of noodles.