Egg and chorizo bake
A great dinner dish. Squeeze the shredded potatoes dry in a sieve.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Lightly oil a 23cm x 23cm baking dish.
- Pan-fry or grill the chorizo on medium-high heat until just cooked, about 5 minutes. Cool slightly then cut into 1cm rounds.
- Meanwhile, combine the eggs, milk, liquid smoke (if using) and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes evenly in the baking dish. Pour ½ of the egg mixture over the potatoes then sprinkle with half the cheese. Top with the chorizo then the remaining egg and cheese. Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the egg is set. Remove the foil during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Garnish with chopped parsley or coriander, if preferred.
More easy egg recipes from Jan