( MAKES 32 )
Serve as nibbles with coffee with a plain yoghurt dip or as a garnish for desserts.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Finely chop the hazelnuts in a mini food processor. Reserve 3 tablespoons for the garnish.
- Combine the remainder in a bowl with the chocolate, caster sugar and honey.
- Place a sheet of filo on a bench and brush with butter. Cut each sheet into four strips crossways. Place a heaped tablespoon of the chocolate mixture on one end of each strip and roll up. Repeat until you have 32 cigars.
- Place on a baking tray and brush with melted butter. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden. Cool then store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. When serving, sprinkle with the reserved chopped hazelnuts.
More filo recipes from Jan