Slow cooker spicy pulled pork
Photo by Doug Sherring
Slow cooking is incredibly popular at this time of year, and really, what's not to like. The effort is minimal and the results are delicious. This pork has a good kick to it with the spices, so goes well as part of a Mexican feast. Served with soft tacos, tangy yoghurt, fresh limes, some coriander and a simple slaw, it makes a fun, healthy and tasty winter meal. It's also good in slider buns for a substantial canape if you're entertaining. Add a bit of mayo and some slaw and you're done. Simple and impressive.
- Cut the pork into large chunks and place in a large bowl.
- Mix the spices together, with plenty of salt and pepper, and cover the pork with the spice mix.
- Place the water, vinegar, orange juice and beer into the slow cooker, and add the pork pieces.
- Cook on low for about 8 hours, overnight or during the day.
- Serve with a simple slaw, tangy yoghurt, slider buns or tacos.
If you liked this recipe, try Delaney's slow cooker braised venison