This delish dish is based on a recipe from Gerrard O’Keefe the exec chef of the Auckland Heritage Hotel.
For the hot sauce
For the rosti
For the buffalo cauliflower
- Combine the sauce and Olivani and heat until the spread is melted.
- Peel and shred the potatoes. Squeeze out any excess moisture. Combine with the Olivani. Season. Form into cakes about 8cm across. Pan-fry both sides until golden and cooked.
- Combine the rice flour and seasonings in a large bowl. Whisk in 1 cup of soy milk to make a medium batter. Add a little extra if too thick.
- Dip the cauli florets into the batter and deep fry in the hot oil until golden and crisp. About 1 minute.
- Serve on the potato rosti topped with the hot sauce. Great served with cucumber batons on the side sprinkled with flaky salt and Szechuan pepper.
More tasty vegan meals from Jan