Passionfruit and vanilla melting moments
( MAKES 20 )
Photo by Jason Oxenham
For the biscuits
For the icing
To make the biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 160C.
- Cream the butter and sugar together very well, until pale and fluffy.
- Sift flour and cornflour together. Add to the butter mixture and fold to combine, being careful not to over-mix, you want the mixture to just hold together.
- Spoon the dough into small balls and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Gently press down with a fork.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and firm around the edges. Cool on a wire rack and ice once they're completely cool.
- To serve, spread the icing on the flat side of a biscuit, and sandwich another biscuit on top.
- Will keep in an airtight container for about a week.
To make the icing
- Beat the butter until light and fluffy, then stir through the icing sugar and the passionfruit pulp.
For more nostalgic baking, try Delaney's best banana bread