Smoky pork enchiladas
( SERVES 4 )
Ensure the meat is at room temperature before cooking or it might stew rather than brown.
- Heat the oil in a large frypan or electric frying pan. Add the onion and sauté for 1 minute. Stir in the pork mashing any lumps with a fork. Add the garlic and chilli. Stir-fry, until coloured.
- Add the paprika and ¾ of the can of tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes. Season.
- Meanwhile, quickly warm the tortillas in the microwave for about 40 seconds.
- Spoon the pork mixture evenly into the centre of each tortilla. Sprinkle with half the cheese and roll up firmly.
- Place, join-side down in a 21cm x 18cm baking dish. Spoon the remaining tomatoes over the top and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Cover loosely with baking paper. Microwave on high power for 5 minutes, until bubbling.
- Place under a preheated grill to brown the top.
- Great garnished with coriander and served with lime wedges.
More fast and affordable weeknight meals from Jan