Panko crumbed chicken with wasabi mayo
Chicken tenderloins could be a substitute for the chicken strips.
For the chicken
|1 cup||Panko breadcrumbs|
|1 large||Lemon, finely grated rind only|
|¼ cup||Flat leaf (Italian) parsley, chopped|
|¼ cup||Parmesan cheese, finely grated|
|¼ cup||Plain flour|
|600 g||Chicken breasts, skinned and boned|
|½ cup||Rice bran oil|
For the wasabi mayo
- Combine the breadcrumbs, grated lemon rind, parsley and parmesan cheese in a shallow dish.
- Combine the flour and seasonings in a plastic bag. Lightly beat the egg and milk together and pour into a shallow dish.
- Cut the chicken into 1.5cm thick strips. Place in the plastic bag and shake until well coated in the flour.
- Dip each strip into the egg/milk mixture shaking off the excess. Then roll in the panko crumb mixture. Place on a plate while preparing the remainder.
- Heat about 1cm of the oil in a large, heavy non-stick frying pan on medium-high heat. Pan-fry the chicken pieces in batches for about 2 minutes each side, until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, combine the wasabi mayo ingredients and place in a small bowl. Great served with a mixed green salad drizzled with lemon juice.
More fast and affordable weeknight meals from Jan