Pistachio and fig butter biscuits
Also known as Mexican wedding cakes and snow drops, these free-form cookies can be made round or oval and can be filled with fruit and nuts of your choice. But they are always rolled twice in icing sugar to give them a snowy appearance.
- Heat oven to 180C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in vanilla, pistachios and figs, then the flour, stirring until just mixed (do not overwork the dough).
- Shape the biscuits in to small ovals or balls on to prepared baking tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes until just beginning to colour.
- Remove from the oven, cool for 10 minutes then roll the biscuits in a bowl of icing sugar to coat, placing them on a sheet of baking paper. Dip the biscuits in icing sugar a second time and leave to cool completely.
A messy bench after cooking?
Use CHUX Superwipes to clean it like it never happened.