Korean beef skewers
Photo by Rachael Hale-McKenna
The tang of limes and sweetness of sesame seeds bring simple grilled beef to life. Soak bamboo skewers in water in advance to prevent burning.
- Grind sesame seeds in a grinder or mortar and pestle then combine with garlic, soy, honey, sesame oil, fish sauce, ginger and the juice and zest of 1 lime.
- Slice the beef in long strips, 1 cm thick and add to the marinade. Stir a little to cover in sauce and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the barbecue or grill pan. Thread the beef on to bamboo skewers and cook 3-4 minutes each side.
- Chop the other two limes in half and grill at the same time.
- Serve beef skewers with grilled limes for squeezing. This is good with steamed rice and kimchi. Or with lettuce leaves to make wraps.
Food stuck to your favourite cookware?
Clean it with the Chux non-scratch Silver Scourer.