Coconut fish and parmesan chips
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
Who can resist fish and chips? To lighten the crumb and for a tropical flavour, add coconut. I have used gurnard fillets, which cook quickly, but alter the time depending on the thickness of your fish. Warning: these parmesan chips are addictive.
- Preheat an oven to 180C. Line a flat roasting tin with baking paper.
- Place the potatoes on the tray. Rub over the oil and place into the oven for 20 minutes. Then sprinkle with the cheese and cook for a further 20 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and coconut on a flat dish. Season the egg with salt and pepper. Dust the fish fillets with flour, dip into the egg and roll in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place peas and 1 tablespoon butter with ¼ cup water in a microwave dish. Cover and cook for four minutes. Season and mash.
- Heat the remaining butter and oil in a frying pan. Cook the fish in batches for 2-3 minutes each side, depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- Serve with potatoes, mashed peas and lime.
More casual holiday-inspired dishes from Angela