Cinnamon and sea salt roast pumpkin with walnuts and feta
Photo by Greg Bowker
Roast pumpkin can easily be the star of a meal. The cinnamon-roasted pumpkin here with feta and walnuts makes a lovely side dish, but for a complete meal simply add a handful of your favourite greens, maybe a grain of some sort, and a simple dressing.
|½||Crown pumpkin, peeled and cut into 2-3cm chunks|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 tsp||Maple syrup, or honey|
|1 tsp||Flaky sea salt|
- Heat the oven to 185C and line a roasting tray with baking paper. Place the pumpkin in a single layer.
- Whisk together the olive oil, honey, and maple syrup or honey. Drizzle over the pumpkin, then sprinkle over the cinnamon. Give it a gentle toss, then sprinkle over the sea salt.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes until golden.
- To serve, sprinkle with the lightly toasted walnuts and the feta.
- The maple/honey and cinnamon play up to the pumpkin's sweetness, so pair it with dishes that need something a little sweet. For as easy salad, add some salad greens and a simple dressing.
If you liked this recipe, try Delaney's miso glazed pumpkin with coriander