Slow-cooker lamb shanks with Mediterranean flavours
The knock-out flavours of anchovies, olives, winter herbs and Campbell’s made from scratch, 100% natural beef stock meld together to produce deliciously succulent lamb that falls from the bone.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Toss the lamb shanks in the flour and fry the shanks until brown all over. Reserve the excess flour. Place the shanks in the slow cooker
- Add the onion and garlic to the frying pan and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add the excess flour to the frying pan, stirring well before adding a little of the stock to deglaze the pan.
- Pour in to the slow cooker with the rosemary, oregano, anchovies, olives, chilli flakes, tomatoes and beef stock. Drizzle the honey over the top of the shanks.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve with juices from the pot, crispy potatoes and winter greens.
Note: This can also be made in to a ragu by pulling the meat from the bones and mixing through the juices to serve with pasta.