Open salmon and herb omelette
Photo by Babiche Martens
Everybody loves having breakfast cooked for them. One of my favourites is an open omelette. Don’t be put off by the juicy pink grapefruit in this recipe. The colour and delicious tang really works to make this a standout treat.
|1 splash||Olive oil|
|1 pinch||Freshly ground black pepper|
|1 Tbsp||Chopped chives|
|1 Tbsp||Chopped dill|
|50 g||Smoked salmon, sliced|
|¼ cup||Ruby grapefruit, in segments|
|1 handful||Rocket leaves, to garnish|
|1 sprinkle||Dill leaves, to garnish|
|1 Tbsp||Mayonnaise, mixed with 1 tsp horseradish, to serve|
- Toss the tomatoes in a pan with a little oil for 3 minutes to soften then remove.
- In a small bowl whisk the eggs with the water, salt, pepper, chives and dill.
- In a small frying pan melt the butter until almost frothing. Pour the eggs in and using a fork pull them to the centre to allow for even cooking. As it sets push in the cherry tomatoes.
- When cooked, remove from the heat. Add the salmon, grapefruit segments, rocket and dill leaves.
- Serve with mayo and hot buttered toast.
More special but easy recipes from Angela