Leek, mushroom and gruyere
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Lay the mushrooms in a baking dish and pour over the wine with 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Sprinkle over the thyme, sugar and seasoning then cook for 20 minutes. Line greased pie tins with pastry.
- Heat a pan and add another tablespoon of olive oil. Add the leek, onion and celery, stir and let cook for at least 5 minutes or until softened and golden.
- Add the flour to the pan and let cook, stirring for 1 minute before adding the stock. When the filling starts to thicken remove from the heat, season and let cool.
- Spoon the filling into the pie tins, top with sliced mushroom and cheese. Top with pastry and brush with the whisked egg and milk (egg wash).
- Make cuts in the pastry and grind over a little pepper before baking for 25 minutes or until golden. Rest in the tins for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.