Pumpkin and sage pappardelle
A beautiful winter pasta of pumpkin and sage is pulled together with Campbell’s made from scratch, 100% natural vegetable stock and a pinch of nutmeg for sweetness.
- In a large frying pan gently fry the onion in 1 Tbsp of the butter and 1 Tbsp of the oil until soft. Add pumpkin and nutmeg and stir-fry 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and cook gently for 20 minutes until pumpkin is soft. It should still be a little soupy at this stage.
- In the meantime, cook the pappardelle according to packet instructions and fry 20 of the sage leaves in 2 tsp olive oil and 1 tsp butter until crisp. Chop the remaining sage leaves.
- Drain the pappardelle and add to the pumpkin with the chopped sage and parmesan. Toss together gently and season with freshly ground black pepper and salt if required.
- Serve in warm bowls with crisp sage leaves scattered on top and extra parmesan.
Note: Any unused stock can be frozen for later use.