Frosted banana cake
|115 g||Butter, softened|
|¾ cup||Caster sugar|
|1¼ cups||Bananas, about 3 bananas, mashed|
|1 tsp||Bicarbonate soda|
|1½ cups||Flour, sifted|
|1 tsp||Baking powder, sifted|
Cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 160 degC.
- Place butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and creamy.
- Add egg and beat until well combined.
- Add banana and beat until combined.
- Dissolve bicarbonate of soda in milk and add to mixture with flour and baking powder. Beat until just combined.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 21cm x 10cm tin lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 1 hour or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Cool in tin for 10 minutes. Turn out on a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, place cream cheese and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 5 minutes or until pale and creamy.
- Add icing sugar and lemon juice and beat for 5 minutes or until fluffy.
- Spread over cake.