Passionfruit and white chocolate cheesecake
( SERVES 10 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
When I worked as a chef in a shooting lodge in Scotland, my friend Trudy’s mum sent us this recipe from New Zealand for a passionfruit and white chocolate cheesecake. It was a superb hit with the aristocracy after they’d spent a long day out shooting grouse.
- Preheat an oven to 170C. Line the base of the 23cm spring form tin with baking paper.
- Whizz the biscuit in a food processor until they resemble breadcrumbs, add the melted butter and mix.
- Tip into the base of your tin and press down with a spoon until flat. Chill.
- In a bowl over a pot of simmering water place the chocolate. Stir until completely smooth. Remove from the heat.
- Beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, vanilla, and custard powder until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time beating well, pour in the chocolate and mix until creamy. Pour the mixture on to the biscuit base, smooth the top and place into the oven for 50 minutes until just set in the middle. Remove and cool.
- Serve drizzled with fresh passionfruit.
More baked chocolate treats from Angela