Goat's cheese salad
Based on Shaky Bridge Wines & Bistro’s Chevre Chaud.
For the pumpkin and kale
For the bruschetta
For the salad
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Thinly slice the pumpkin and place in a roasting pan. Drizzle with the oil and season. Toss to coat. Roast for about 15 minutes, until tender. Stir in the honey and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes. Place aside on paper towels.
- Cut the kale into large pieces. Brush with oil. Bake at 190°C until crisp, about 6 minutes. Place aside on paper towels.
- Brush the bread with the garlic infused oil. Bake on a tray at 190°C for about 5 minutes or until golden and crisp, turning once. Slice the cheese and place on the croutons. Grill until just melted.
- To assemble, place the mesclun salad in two bowls and drizzle with the dressing. Top with the pumpkin, kale and croutons.
More recipes from the eateries of Central Otago