Oliver's braised lamb ragu
Based on a recipe from Olivers’ exec chef, James Waite.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Place the lamb, paprika, flour and seasonings in a plastic bag and shake to coat.
- Sauté the onion in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a heavy frying pan, until softened. Add the garlic and cook until the onion is golden. Place in a casserole.
- Heat more oil and sauté the lamb in batches, until browned. Add to the casserole with the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and oven cook for 2½ hours. Uncover and cook for a further 30-60 minutes, until mouth-wateringly tender.
- Great served on orecchiette pasta topped with baby rocket and pecorino cheese shavings.
More recipes from the eateries of Central Otago