( MAKES 50 )
These tempting bites are also delicious sandwiched together with coffee icing. See the recipe below.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line 2 large oven trays with baking paper.
- Combine the flour, rolled oats, coconut and sugar in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter and golden syrup in a saucepan on low heat. Combine the water and baking soda, until smooth. Stir into the butter mixture. Pour into the rolled oats mixture, stirring until well combined.
- Roughly roll level teaspoons of the mixture into balls and place on the trays about 3cm apart. Flatten with a fork. Bake for about 15 minutes, until golden and crisp. Cool on a wire rack. If wished, sandwich them together with coffee icing.
- Combine 2 cups sifted icing sugar, 25g melted butter and 2 tsp coffee granules dissolved in 1 Tbsp boiling water. Mix well.
- Spread over 1 biscuit and sandwich with another. Leave to set.